Welcome

A blog about science, medicine, media and the ramblings of Irish hack....

Friday, August 24, 2012

Blog update plus Irish Times piece on why the Green movement need to embrace nuclear power

Hey folks; am currently on holidays in France and if you've ever tried typing on a French Keyboard you'll see why I have tried to avoid posting here while I'm supposed to be enjoying my break. However, due to the increasingly abusive behavior of certain posters, I decided to implement a new comment system (DISQUS) so I could simply mute the more aggressive of these people; please note it is not my policy to delete comments, and all the old ones are currently being transferred over and should be viewable again in about 24 hours.

To reiterate, I am all in favour of deep discussion but there is no place for ad hom attacks and denigration. Because of this, I am introducing this moderation facility as I do not think it is fair one unduly loud bully can put people off from talking about a subject. Please note I will NOT be aggressively moderating so do not feel the need to hold back too much, just try to respect one another!

I'm back next week, but in the interim enjoy this little piece I had in the Irish Times on why the Green movement need to embrace nuclear power. Bonus points if you spot the Top Gun reference in the article I slipped in...

Negative punwriter, the pattern is full...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have your say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...